If you’re looking for facial fillers in Chicago, Gold Coast Plastic Surgery is Chicago’s premier Botox and fillers provider, helping patients throughout the Chicago and Naperville areas achieve beautiful, flawless results through minimally invasive cosmetic interventions.
As we age, our features naturally change – our faces lose volume, wrinkles form, and dynamic lines become entrenched. Moreover, we may experience other, subtle differences in our appearance, such as reduced fullness in the lips and hollows in the cheeks. In years past, the only reliable cosmetic corrections – implants and face lifts – were highly invasive and required significant recovery time. Fortunately, these concerns can be successfully addressed through the use of injectables.
Minimally invasive injectable dermal fillers help patients achieve a more youthful appearance without the necessity of surgical intervention. Injectable treatments can target and correct particular problem spots, achieving an invigorated look quickly and safely. If you’re considering cosmetic rejuvenation, here are a few benefits of having Botox and facial fillers in our Chicago clinic.
- Minimal discomfort. Unlike surgical treatments, Botox and fillers only require a local anesthesia to address any pain resulting from the injections.
- Treatments are fast. Facial fillers in our Chicago clinic are quick and comfortable. Injectable treatments typically only require one hour or less to perform. Many patients can have Botox and fillers performed during a standard lunch hour.
- Injectable treatments are cost-effective. Face lifts, eye lifts, and other surgical procedures are significantly more expensive than Botox and fillers.
- Botox and fillers can help ward off premature aging. Did you know that injectable treatments – Botox, in particular – can help stave off signs of aging? Botox can reduce your ability to over-activate your facial muscles, thereby preventing dynamic lines and wrinkles from becoming established. If you have concerns about frown lines or laugh lines, having neurotoxin treatments like Botox may help you keep them at bay.
Types of Injectables
Choosing the kind of injectable treatment that will effectively address your individual issues can be a challenge. The following treatments were designed to offer successful, targeted solutions to a variety of aesthetic issues. Your physician will also help you understand which treatments or combination of treatments will be right for your concerns
Botox is an injectable treatment that falls under the category of neurotoxin or neuromuscular toxins. There are also other brands – Dysport and Xeomin are two – that act on the same principle.
Botulism toxin doesn’t erase wrinkles; it inhibits facial muscle activity. Preventing facial muscle overactivation stops dynamic lines from forming. Dynamic lines are lines that appear as a result of facial expressions, such as forehead lines, frown lines, and laugh lines. Botox results can last up to six months, and continued treatments can help preserve a youthful appearance.
Another facial rejuvenation option is dermal fillers. Dermal fillers differ from neuromuscular toxins in that they do not relax facial muscles, but effectively “fill” lines and wrinkles with either a hyaluronic acid, poly-L-lactic acid, or calcium-based microsphere solutions. Gold Coast Plastic Surgery specializes in Botox and facial fillers in Chicago and surrounding areas.
Hyaluronic acid fillers. Hyaluronic acid fillers mimic the natural hyaluronic acids found in the skin. They are used to fill lines and wrinkles, reduce the appearance of scars, add volume to the skin, and plump lips. Popular hyaluronic acid fillers include Juvederm, Restylane, and Voluma.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers. This filler triggers the production of collagen in the skin in addition to physically filling in facial wrinkles. It is especially effective for addressing deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds) and recontouring the face. Sculptra is an example of a pol-L-lactic acid filler.
- Calcium-based microsphere fillers. Calcium-based microsphere fillers contain calcium hydroxylapatite, which – like hyaluronic acid – is a compound that is found in the human body. Like the other fillers, it is used to increase volume and fill lines and wrinkles. This filler is marketed as Radiesse.
Gold Coast Plastic Surgery — Delivering Exceptional, Youth-Extending Results with Facial Fillers in Chicago
If you’re looking for Botox and facial fillers in Chicago, Gold Coast Plastic Surgery specializes in providing exceptional facial rejuvenation treatments for a diverse population of patients. For questions about facial plastic surgery, please contact Dr. Moynihan.